The IT sector is innovating with the passing day, with ever-changing revolutions and advancements in technology. Tech solutions have gone through major upgrades to meet the requirements of the tech sector and ensure that business requirements are not only being met but are also being exceeded where necessary. The need for diverse applications and advancements in technology gave rise to the use of Node JS frameworks and the solutions that come because of it.
Node JS has helped create and power a number of frameworks around us today. Currently, Node JS ranks as the fastest platform for web application development on the server side of things. The framework provides developers with solutions that can help them build scalable and convenient web applications.
This article discusses some of the best frameworks for Node js developers. These frameworks have played an integral part in web development in the recent past, and you should be well aware of the potential they host.
Express.js is one of the best solutions to come out of Node.js. This Node JS API framework was established by developer TJ Holowaychuck and provides all developers and users with convenient software solutions they can follow in the long run.
The Express.js solution is an amalgamation of features that eventually make the final product. All developers working on this solution can use it to develop enterprise level applications that are either single paged or double paged. Some of the solutions on the platform are even considered to be hybrid.
This framework is developed on Node.js and basically consists of an amalgam of features that can come together to provide scalable solutions. Some of the key features of the Express.js solution include:
- The platform comes together with a model view controller that allows developers to build apps that are eccentrics.
- The platform works to achieve routing libraries or routing tables.
- The platform allows heavy load packages that can extend and improve the functionality of this framework.
- The solution helps support HTTP methods, some 14 plus engine templates and gives an improved performance.
- Simple to use with a low learning curve.
- Comes with exciting customizations
- Flexible to user needs
- Perfect for developing a short app cycle
- Code organization can be hard to understand
- UI is a bit complex
NestJS is a fairly fast and flexible framework on the NodeJS environment. The solution can be used to create fast server-side applications that are reliable in nature and can be streamlined to a certain extent. The framework utilizes a set of typing models such as Functional Programming, Functional Reactive Programming and Object Oriented Programming to simplify the process of production and operations on the system.
Some of the features that you can come to expect from NestJS include:
- The platform can help build healthy solutions for front end development on frameworks such as Angular JS.
- Nest JS can arrange codes across different modules in a methodical manner.
- The platform can be used to create web applications consisting of key features from contemporaries.
- Scalable technology that can assist growth in the future.
- The ecosystem is vibrant in nature and comes with open source libraries
- The platform is event based and fast to run
- Strong support for corporate programming.
- The tool is a bit immature
- Has some design issues
- Performance can get congested
Hapi.js is a REST API Framework present on the Node JS library. The solution helps assist the intermediation and connection between client-side and server-side applications. The platform is considered to be the ideal substitute for Express.js and can provide solutions where necessary. Hapi.js comes with the ability to create and master multiple server functions. Since Hapi.js is an open-source framework, it can behave similarly to what server frameworks behave like.
Some of the exciting features that you can expect from the Hapi.js framework include:
- The architecture for the framework is highly scalable, allowing developers to use plugins that help enhance the overall scope of the apps.
- The solution comes with enhanced API references that provide support for extended documents on the go.
- The architecture for Hapi.js is based on plugins and easy to use.
- The solution is configuration centric and relatively simple to grasp.
- The service supports microservices
- The web server for Hapi.js supports a wide array of microservices
- The libraries on the solution are robust in nature
- All endpoints need to be tested vigorously and manually.
- Users get to go for refactoring manually
Socket.io is a popular framework developed on Node.js that is utilized for producing real-time computer applications and processes. The good part about the Socket.io framework is that it is famous among all developers today and provides accuracy and perfection that can hasten the speed of production.
Another reason going in favor of this framework is that it has an uncomplicated API, which can give users the results they expect from the service.
Key features of Socket.io include:
- The framework assists in detecting anomalies and auto-correcting errors.
- The framework works tirelessly to build a flow of bidirectional data between the web and the servers.
- The framework can help developers maintain multiple browsers and feed streams to them from the server.
- Socket.io is capable of performing real-time analytics on data
- The framework can help users with multiplexing
- Socket authentication process is fairly smooth
- Allows fairly fast customization of objects
- Socket.io cannot work on web applications that require regular updates and procedures.
- The platform helps maintain connections on a web server
Meteor.JS is a popular API Framework on Node JS. The solution is used for developing mobile apps and web applications that can run seamlessly without delay. Meteor.js has the potential to turn app development into a more accessible solution for all involved. The platform can make for a secure space for everyone involved.
Meteor can also help develop real time applications, which are a need of the hour today in this environment. Some of the key features to know about Meteor.JS include;
The framework allows automated renovation of all mobile applications and ensures that you don’t have to do them at your end.
The architecture for JS is lightweight and easy to configure. The easy configuration can significantly help reduce code complexity and lines.
The framework can easily integrate with Vue, React and Mango.
- Catchphrases are synced for simple operations
- Abundant packages and libraries are available
- The community is robust and helpful
- The architecture is simple to run and lighter in weight
- Not possible to make a mobile web applications.
Koa.js is a similar Node.js framework that is made by the same developers that were initially behind Exopress.js as well. The framework is small in size, but it is a fairly expressive and robust framework that can actively be used on the internet.
Developers on the Koa.js framework can use it to create web apps, including APIs and other solutions. The framework comes with no middleware inside the centre, which is why it can be streamlined and reduced to perfection. Some of the benefits of Koa.js as a framework include:
- The development solution comes with an enhanced option to allow developers the ability to work from the onset.
- The generators on the platform can significantly limit the use of callbacks through error handling.
- The middleware comes packed in a bundle, which ensures server writing is rapid and enjoyable.
- Lightweight in nature
- The framework can support keyword syncing, which leads to better results and even better overall collaboration.
- The generator functions on the platform go above the required numerical.
- The support community for Koa.js is a bit smaller than the support community for some of the other solutions and places.
- The framework isn’t compatible with middleware styled by express.
We have mentioned some of the best Node JS frameworks in this article and hope that you can work on them for more success in your professional endeavors. You can read through the information on Node JS to know more about this framework and how it is required for stable and scalable solutions.
The article does a good job to develop key features and the pros and cons of each system. Node JS developers can use this info to choose the best framework for the next time they work with Node JS on their system.
About The Author :-
I’m Ramavtar Sharma, a Tech Blogger, and Digital Marketer at Programmers.io located in Dallas, Texas. Programmers.io is an IBM registered business partner, Microsoft Gold Certified, US-based software development company, offering software development services in multiple platforms such as IBM i/AS400, Dot Net, Java, React.js, Node.js, Vue.js, Python and Swift etc.