7 Best OTT Platforms, Streaming Services in 2023
The word OTT immediately reminds us of Netflix, Amazon Prime, Disney Prime, and other popular online streaming services. However, our focus is on platforms that allow you to create OTT channels to stream your videos. Visual media has become so popular that there is a substantial increase in demand for visual content. This has created many opportunities for people to establish their businesses or monetize their hobbies.
Instead of limiting the content to third-party platforms like YouTube and TikTok, people are creating their own streaming websites using white label services offered by OTT platforms.
What is an OTT Platform?
OTT is short for Over the Top, which means it is much more than the traditional visual media services. An OTT channel can be accessed from any device and any location as long as you have an internet connection. In fact, if you download the videos to the device, you can watch them offline with no internet connection.
From streaming video games to teaching arts, crafts, exercises, etc., online, the OTT platforms can be used for various purposes. A content creator can offer the content using VoD (Video on Demand) services to audiences from around the world. They can control who consumes the content, choose the subscription plan to earn from the content and make use of analytics to create more content.
OTT platforms offer a range of services for video entrepreneurs and content creators to monetize their skills/ knowledge and earn their living. In this blog, we’ll look at the top seven OTT platforms in 2022 and their features.
Mastera provides content creators, hobbyists, and side hustles to make a living by following their passions and sharing that content with other people. The platform is a one-stop destination for people who want to create a streaming channel/ website of their own.
- User-friendly and easy to use
- Single-page website creation
- Accept payment and bookings
- No limit on content or customers
- White label services
- Add-on marketing services
- Priority customer support
- Mobile app services (for android and iOS)
- Advanced reporting and analytics
- Dedicated account manager
- Free: $0/m
- Starter: $39/m
- Premium: $99/m
- Elite: $199/m
- Enterprise: customized
- 14-day free trial
- Free plan for beginners
- All-in-one tools and services
- Customized plans for large-scale businesses
One of the leading OTT platforms, UScreen allows you to create websites and apps for streaming your video content. It takes around 30-60 days to launch your channel/ website using this platform. It offers fast encoding services and has 4K HD video streaming options.
- Real-time and VoD streaming
- Create video app
- Video analytics
- Multiple monetization options
- White label services
- In-app purchases and notifications
- HTML5 online video player
- Customizable templates
- Basic: $79/m
- Growth: $159/m
- Usecreen Plus: customized
- Free web hosting with SSL certificate
- Supports Chromecast and Apple Airplay
- Access to marketing tools
- Free trial available
Dacast is another popular OTT platform that offers secure streaming services. People wanting to build a viewership base in the Chinese market will find Dacast as the best option. The company offers complete OTT-related services to content creators.
- Provides real-time video streaming analytics
- Supports smart TVs like Apple TV, Roku, etc.
- Support for mobile devices
- Multiple monetization methods
- Video hosting manager and API services
- Multiple PoP (Points of Presence) in Mainland China
- Starter: $39/m
- Event: $63/m
- Scale: $188/m
- Custom: customized
- Free 14-day trial
- 24*7 customer support
- Buffer-free video streaming
- Pre-scheduling of videos
Wowza is suitable for business-critical applications by providing interactive and entertaining live-streaming services. The platform has a range of tools required to create, share, and monetize video content.
- An array of customizable features
- Simple and hassle-free setup for live streaming
- Manage video production remotely
- Scalable streaming services
- Stream 360-degree and VR (Virtual Reality) videos
- Comes with a mobile app
- Streaming Cloud: $85/m
- Streaming Engine: $175/m
(both are annual prepaid plans)
- Live support
- Adaptive bit-rate streaming
- Cloud OTT services
- Highly secure platform
5. IBM Watson Media
IBM Watson Media allows you to manage and monetize your videos while streaming them on different platforms. You can use cloud-based services to offer multiple CDNs to share video content around the world.
- Real-time analytics and machine learning abilities
- Multi-DRM and language support
- Two monetization options
- Automated video publishing feature
- Channel modification
- Security protocol to protect the content
- Silver: $99/m
- Gold: $499/m
- Platinum: $999/m
- 30-day free trial
- Clickable video overlays
- Real-time polling
- Video scheduling
One of the top OTT platforms and has everything you need. It also provides audio-only streaming services. Muvi offers full-stack multi-media streaming services and a live radio broadcast option.
- VoD and live streaming services
- Can include just about anything (create your own Netflix)
- Smart TV compatibility
- Multicurrency support
- Create native Android and iOS apps
- Use your domain name
- Standard: $399/m
- Professional: $1499/m
- Enterprise: $3900/m
- Ultimate: $8900/m
- Black: customized
- No coding
- Best white label services
- Extensive features
- Several price plans
The OTT platform caters to broadcasters, content creators, and TV production houses. High quality streaming and video services are the USP of the platform. It is compatible with smart TVs and facilities cross-platform streaming.
- Built-in video CMS solutions
- Customization services
- More than six monetization models
- Secure streaming and certified protocols
- Additional pluggable microservices
- Cost-effective upgrades
- Contact customer care for information
- Multi-DRM protocol
- White label services
- Hassle-free migration
- One-time license
Mastera is a cost-effective online platform developed to help teachers and content creators monetize their skills and knowledge.
- A Homeowner’s Guide to Recognizing & Getting Rid of Asbestos - November 29, 2023
- Why My Account Is Not Eligible for a Referral Code in Google Pay? - September 17, 2023
- How to Install Mi Smart Security Camera App on PC? - September 14, 2023